NUvention: Analytics is a unique interdisciplinary course being designed to create opportunities for students to create new analytics technologies and then build businesses around their innovations. This one-quarter class is conceived by students within the Engineering, Business, Law, Communications and other schools across campus along with the assistance of an Advisory board and the Farley Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The course is built around projects, so an advisory board will keep track of the projects, giving its expert advice in order to ensure a proper product-market alignment.
View and download the current syllabus for NUvention: Analytics.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Lean Start-Up, Custome.r Development, Contextual Design, Agile Development and Business Model methodologies.
- Develop the best student’s entrepreneurship ideas; or involve students in ongoing faculty research in the field, in order to put these inventions in the market. Research, define, prototype and implement an initial product offering
- Develop a business model for a product/service or new analytics application
- Launch and measure initial market reaction to the analytics product/service.
- Provide the starting point for a company student can choose to launch post-class
- Provide opportunities for students to consult in analytics
- Gather analytics initiatives in many NU departments.